Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thank-you Kathryn Kennedy!

This is the section of this MOOC where I became totally absorbed in the extensive range of concepts, ideas, literature, thoughts and visions shared.

This is the section where I experienced what many of my students experience when I provide a rich, diverse, open-ended learning experience. First hand, I understand the parents who phone worrying that their child will lose points, are not focused and on task, what were they supposed to learn anyway?

I started by scanning the overall list of resources provided. Then, I decided that some of the resources from previous sections had introduced these current concepts, and I wanted to revisit them before going further. After delving deeply into the first three MOOC sections again, I then followed the links, watched the videos, and halted after the inspirational visions of the 21 century learners and teachers juxtaposed to the GA Technology Trend analysis. I hope the GA trend never reaches BC. I do not want to teach in that environment. But it is useful to know where technology can go if not constructively challenged.

No comments: